Tuesday 14 April 2015

New: Kellogg's Frozen cereal review !



Frozen. Cereal. I bet kids everywhere are going crazy for this.Probably a lot of adults too! And I can understand why.There's something very exciting about a cereal based on one of your favourite shows or movies , and is something we don't often do in the UK. The only thing that's missing is the free toy , which I strongly believe is something that needs to be brought back, right?! I'm not even a massive fan of Frozen and this still excited me - and also got the songs stuck back in my head! There are two front covers, the more characters the merrier is my reasoning for this.

 At first glance they may not seem that exciting but on the box are described as "vanilla flavour rice,wholegrain oat and maize cereal shapes" I don't think I've ever tried vanilla cereal before so I was  quite intrigued. First thing's first,they smell great ! A lovely sweet vanilla scent . Above is the recommended 30g serving and I was impressed with how much you get.The shape's were stars and what I'm guessing is snow or snowballs and I enjoyed the difference from the usual shapes, because I'm easily pleased I guess haha.
 I popped a dry piece in my mouth and couldn't detect much vanilla, but a nice grainy aftertaste and a good crunch.However when milk was added and you got a few on a spoon the vanilla flavour became stronger and very moreish. Although still not very strong,they taste really good and I found myself enjoying them more and more with each spoonful .
The one thing I will say is that they are quite quick to lose their texture.They remain a small crunch but seeing as this cereal is probably aimed for smaller mouths this might a good thing.Based on pure cereal verdict tough, this would be a downfall.Maybe I should just let it go......

As expected the cereal didn't really affect the colour of the milk but did give it a nice hint of vanilla and finished off the bowl nicely! Not to mention the white on white colours matching the frozen theme!This is , in my opinion, quite a simple cereal but very tasty and you should defiantly give it a go! Kellogg's have also released a Stars Wars cereal which I bought and will probably be trying soon, so look out for that!

Overall

Texture- 4/5
Taste-3.5/5
Sog Factor- 2/5

Last Comments- Bring back toys in cereal and the world will be a better place.Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment