Thursday 9 April 2015

Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal review


Cinnamon Toast crunch.One of Americas's favourite breakfast cereals. I couldn't believe my luck when I saw these single serving pots in Poundland! The cereal gods were with me and I grabbed a pot along with the US version of Froot Loops- the proper version with all the colours and bad stuff. These pots were a pound each ( surprising huh?) and they also had a frosted wheat version, but that bored me haha.


In the UK we have Curiously cinnamon , which is exactly the same without the claim of any toast. Iv'e recently come to love curiously cinnamon and I myself was a curious cinnawoman as to how they would compare.The US version has more sugar , so I was anticipating a nicer cereal .Obvs.

Well it looks the same. I followed common cereal tasting practice and tried a bit dry. Great texture,great cinnamon flavour and a unique toasty taste which was nicely different.When milk was added and I scooped a big spoon it got even better. The crunchiness was perfect and the toasty flavour mixed with the cinnamon was great. However, in all honestly they weren't much different from the UK'S own and I think I actually prefer curiously cinnamon. One thing that is the same is their ability to stay crunchy in milk. Unfortunately , they are quick to sog but the flavour is still reeeaaaaal good!

You are left with a speckled, cinnamon flavoured milk, which is as delicious as it sounds. If you've never tried cinnamon toast crunch or curiously cinnamon then go out and buy a box because I doubt you'll regret it!

Overall

Texture- 5/5
Taste-4.5/5
Sog factor- 2.5/5

Last Comment- Pairs well with an episode of workaholics.Love that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment