Sunday 4 October 2015

New Weetabix Protein crunch chocolate cereal review!


Weetabix are a cereal brand that stay true to my heart. Not to be mistaken for a cereal band, such as Korn-flakes. Ok, I'm kidding , but I do love Weetabix in all of its forms- in particular "Crunchy Bran" and "Weeto's". Protein is becoming increasingly popular, and for adults that want to have chocolate for breakfast but also need the energy- this is perfect.

 Looking at the shape, I wasn't sure if I was about to eat cereal or crisps! I think you know which ones I'm talking about. Rhymes with "Sheet Munchies" which coincidently is another name for when people eat beds. They were also smaller than I imagined- which is good as they looked quite difficult to eat. For those wondering there is 20g of protein per 100g. Above is a 30g serving which gives you 6g. I don't know if that's good or not- my apologies.

They looked like they have the same sort of texture as Weeto's, So that's what I was thinking they would taste like.I went in with the milk.A few of the tubes together and there is a pleasant chocolate flavour. It's not amazing I have to say. To best explain it, I would say that it does taste like Weeto's-just not as good. The great thing is though is that there is no weird powder aftertaste that you can get with some protein products. Also when they say "crunch" they aren't kidding.I would even go as far to say they need a second to soak if you don't want to scratch your mouth. Maybe you do want to scratch your mouth and have been searching forever for a tiny cat that would be perfect for such needs.I don't know and I won't judge.

The further I got, the less of chocolate it started to taste and it started to get quite bland.I wondered if the chocolate had found its way into the milk. It hadn't.

Despite this , I did enjoy this cereal somewhat and I feel it is a great compromise for cereal lovers who need the extra boost in the morning.

Overall

Taste - 2/5
Texture - 3.5/5
Sog factor - 5/5
Cereal milk - 2/5

Last Comments- I woke up with a six-pack by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment