Thursday 15 October 2015

Cap'n Crunch's Sprinkled Donut Crunch cereal review!


 I'm all for food that looks like other food. Whether it's French Toast Crunch, dinosaur chicken nuggets or a cake that looks like a burger- I love it! Right now you'll probably either be nodding your head in agreement or wondering if I am in fact 8 years old.But lets put any differences aside and marvel at the fact that this cereal exists.This is the sort of thing we would never get in the UK and I knew I had to try it.

Opening the bag, I was punched in the face by the sweet smell of ...? I have no idea, my nose has never experienced this smell but it was very strong and smelt good.Maybe this is how doughnuts smell in America.Maybe I've never taken the time to smell a doughnut properly.Or maybe I should just stop over analysing it.



As you can see , it lives up to it's name.While the hoop shape is common for cereals, the sprinkles were a great touch and I thought it was impressive that they used proper ones instead of a fake decoration.Above is the recommended 28g serving but a few extra doughnuts can't hurt.


I tried a single piece dry, eating it how one would eat a doughnut as I felt it only fair.I was actually very surprised at how much flavour one piece had and eagerly added the milk. I scooped the hoops, making sure I got some extra "sprinkly" ones and was met with a very sweet,vanilla flavour.I have to admit I found it a bit overwhelming.It had a very unique taste and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not.However as I contemplated this , I kept eating, proving it to be quite more-ish. One thing that is impressive is the crunch! I can see how the captain got his nickname, despite the controversy over his actual ranking.The cereal stayed crunchy throughout and the flavour actually got better after having a little soaking! I think this is because the sweetness got a bit diluted and the bowl became a bit more bearable, or bowl- arable shall we say.You are left with something similar to what I imagine original Cap'n Crunch taste's like , but I couldn't say for sure as I've never tried them.

The colour of the sprinkles make their way into the milk, resulting in a greenish, blue colour that reminds me of those toffee ice creams you could get from the ice cream van after school. Unfortunately that's not how it tasted , but I was too mesmerised by the colours to care.

In all honesty, it's probably going to take me a while to get through the box, but I enjoyed the novelty of eating more than 12 doughnuts at once without feeling a mixture of triumph,proudness and regret.
If you have any food you like that looks like other food, please let me know in the comments!


Overall

Taste-2/5
Texture-4/5
Sog Factor-4.5/5
Cereal milk-1/5

Last Comments- I would eat way more stuff if they were shaped like dinosaurs.





















No comments:

Post a Comment