Wednesday 30 September 2015

Belvita Soft Bakes Choc Chips review!


When I hear the phrase "soft baked" I think of a warm, gooey cookie straight from the oven.I tried to get this image out of my head, as I knew they were unfair expectations to set for a breakfast biscuit!
Although I am quite fond of a Belvita, particularly the honey and nut flavour , so I was interested to see how these would taste, as they also have chocolate chips.
If I can help it, 80% of the things I eat would contain chocolate chips

Below is the shiny wrapper you get it in.Yes, you only get one! It made me realize how big the "V" is in the logo. It looks like a big tick , which is a sentence that needs to be enunciated well when being said out loud.





It defiantly looked soft baked, which is good because I don't enjoy being lied to by biscuits.Breaking a bit off further confirmed this and I took a bite. The first thing that hits you is a very oaty flavour, just like the normal oat flavoured Belvita's;then you get a chocolate chip, which is rich and dark.Just like my men.
The texture is an odd one. It is nice and soft , but has weird crispy bits inside , kinda like the ones found in a Cadbury's boost bar.


Honestly, I didn't love them and I was a little disappointed they didn't taste like a cookie , but that's probably my problem more than Belvita's. It's also worth mentioning I'm not a big fan of oat biscuits, so if you do enjoy a bit of crunchy porridge, then they might be worth a try!

Overall

Texture-2/5
Taste-2/5

Last comments- What does Jackie Chan eat for breakfast...? Belvi-TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment