Thursday 25 June 2015

Golden syrup flavour snaps Review!

 Asda have been on point with their cereals at the moment. I was stuck for choice with the various new flavours on offer. Along with this they had strawberry snaps, milkshake flavoured shreddie like things and a new Weetabix cereal. In the end I chose this though- Golden syrup snaps. I think it's because Rice Krispie's are one of my ultimate cereals. Simple but delicious.

The only other golden syrup flavour cereal I've had is Weetabix and I didn't really like it. With this in mind while opening the bag and getting a whiff of it , I realised that in actual fact - I don't like golden syrup.

With the excitement of choice , I seem to have made a bad decision.I pressed on however , for my readers that I one day hope to have. Sarcasm aside , I tried some dry. Oh dear. I didn't like this one bit , just a small amount was enough to put me off and give me a bit of a headache from the sweetness. I know this makes me sound like I should be at Weenie Hut Juniors but it's the truth. Appearance wise the "snaps" are smaller than Rice Krispies and a lot stickier.

I didn't give up though , I will not be defeated so easily , especially without even a milk test, so in it went. The good news is , it tastes a lot better in milk. The flavour is diluted a bit and much more bearable. If you liked golden syrup then I'm sure you would love these as they are very true to the syrups original taste. The milk left tough was not good.Really not good, but again I don't like golden syrup and in hindsight , this was a pretty stupid thing for me to review. So to all syrup fans out there , let me know what you think!

Overall

Texture- 4/5
Taste-1/5
Sog factor-2/5

Last Comments: I would love it if Asda tried some different flavours of this. Peanut butter would be amazing! They could even do a chocolate one...wait never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment