Saturday 28 May 2016

Carrot Cake Granola Recipe ! (Vegan)


Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. While cake is arguably the most important meal of a birthday. Well it's not my birthday, nor do I have any cake , so I made this instead. The combination of cake and cereal is a dream come true for me and I hope will be for you too. It really does taste like carrot cake ! Albeit a crunchy one but still , cake for breakfast is rarely a disappointment.

I like to use this granola as more of a topper on other cereal rather than having it by itself but if you wanted to eat this as it is then you may need to double/ triple the recipe as it would probably only make one portion.

Ingredients:

1 cup of oats
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
4 tsp sweetener ( or sugar)
1/2 a small carrot
1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
4 Pecans broken up
2 tablespoons water
Spray oil (optional)

Method:

Step one: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). Mix the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, sweetener, pecans and coconut together in a bowl.

Step two: Peel and grate in the carrot, reserving a small amount.

Step three: Add maple syrup and give it a mix. Add water one tablespoon at a time, adding more if necessary, you may only need one tablespoon. Once clumps of the mixture have come together but is not too wet then it's perfect.

Step four: Line a baking sheet with some baking paper and spread the granola mixture evenly out. Grate the remaining bit of carrot on the top. I like to add a sprinkle more of cinnamon on the top but thats up to you.



Step five: I also like to use a little bit of spray oil on the top to make sure it gets crunchy but that's also up to you . Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown. You may also want to flip the granola halfway through it's cooking time for extra crispiness but guess what? That's up to you. Go crazy.


And that's it! Isn't it pretty ? I'm a bit out of season though given how autumnal the colours are. Oh well , carrot cake is delicious all year round. If you make this recipe , please let me know what you think in the comments! Also if you have any questions send them my way. Even if it's not about this recipe , I don't mind. I'm going to finish this post off by rating my own granola because that's how brutally honest I am.

Overall

Taste: 4.5/5
Texture: 4/5
Sog factor: 3/5
Cereal milk: 4/5

Last Comments: Please tell me I'm not the only one who has had cake for breakfast before?

No comments:

Post a Comment